These muffins are moist and perfect for an on the go breakfast or snack.
I recently made these treats for a work at home day for all of my coworkers. They were a big hit! They are super simple and take less than an hour to make.
Vegan Strawberry Muffins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 cup soy or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries diced very small & sweetened
- cooking oil or muffin cups
Preheat the oven to 375F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking oil and set aside.
In a small bowl combine the plant-based milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside for about ten minutes to allow milk to curdle.
- If you want the muffins slightly sweeter, sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar on top of the strawberries, stir and let them form a syrup. (This takes about 20 minutes)
In a larger bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
Mix together sugar, canola oil, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Add milk/vinegar mixture and stir to combine.
Stir in the dry ingredients until well incorporated. Be careful not to over-mix – a few lumps are okay. Fold in the strawberries.
Spoon into muffin tins, filling each cup about ¾ full. Bake for 25-30 minutes until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Remove from heat and allow muffins to cool before removing from pan.